Head of Climate Technical Expert
What You'll Do
- Looking for an experienced hire to manage the Climate Technical Expert team at Fairatmos.
- Assessing pipeline of carbon project opportunities to understand their eligibility as carbon projects.
- Conducting feasibility studies to assess the carbon credits potential, economics, and risks of potential carbon projects.
- Interpreting remote sensing data to assess carbon projects feasibility and quantify the carbon credits potential.
- Building technological products and solutions to automate carbon projects assessment.
- Understanding the technical requirements to develop carbon projects (PDDs and Monitoring Reports) across different sectors such as nature-based solutions, renewable energy, and others.
What This Role Needs
- 5+ years of work experience in the climate and nature-based solutions sector. Very strong preference if candidate has experience in carbon industry (VERRA, Gold Standard, PlanVIVO), payments for ecosystem services, project development, remote sensing, HCV, and FPIC.
- Experienced in Project Management - leading multiple workstreams and stakeholders simultaneously.
- Strong analytical thinking and skills with capability in financial modeling.
- Strong conceptual problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experienced in managing a team.